Criminal Defense Attorney
Erin Wetzel is a criminal defense attorney who believes that every person is entitled to a vigorous defense, regardless of the charges, their age, or their background.
For over a decade Erin has represented persons charged with minor crimes to serious crimes from misdemeanor assaults and drug possession to felony sexual assault and robbery. Erin has successfully obtained dismissals of sexual assault, felony assault, and robbery charges.
Erin believes in representing her clients relentlessly and empathetically. Erin proactively develops the best defense possible for her clients and is confident and agile in the courtroom. Whether in juvenile court or district court she knows that her clients depend on her to protect their futures.
A North Dakota native, Erin obtained a psychology degree and her Juris Doctor from Creighton University. When she isn’t zealously advocating for her clients, Erin enjoys spending time with her husband and twin daughters, attending Creighton sports events, and listening to true crime podcasts.
"I am very fortunate to have hired Erin as my lawyer. She was very knowledgeable and has given me the required information very accurate and crisp. In the beginning I had many questions and she answered all the questions patiently and I would definitely recommend Erin if anyone needs help."
"I was looking at 20 years in prison until I met Erin Wetzel, she got the case dismissed. She is definitely the Attorney to pick! Thank you Erin!!!"
- 2023 Omaha Magazine’s Best of Omaha in Criminal Defense
- 2022 Omaha Magazine’s Best of Omaha in Criminal Defense
- 2021 Omaha Magazine’s Top Lawyers of Omaha in Family Law
- 2017 Recipient of Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association’s Donald B. Fiedler Scholarship to attend the National Criminal Defense College
- Nebraska- State & Federal Courts
- U.S. District Court for Nebraska
- Iowa- State Courts
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Nebraska State Bar Association- Women and the Law Section- executive member and former chair
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation- mock trial volunteer judge
- B.A. Psychology, Creighton University (2008)
- J.D., Creighton University School of Law (2012)
- National Criminal Defense College at Mercer Law School (2017)
- Nebraska State Bar Association Leadership Academy (2019)