Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Lincoln, NE
If you have experienced a serious injury due to someone else’s negligent act, you may be understandably frightened and confused. In addition to your pain and suffering, you may need expensive medical treatment to address your injuries. The prospect of demanding fair compensation for your losses in these difficult times may seem overwhelming without the help of a Lincoln personal injury lawyer.
However, if you wait to demand a fair settlement, you might put your valid claim at risk. The negligent party (the defendant) and their insurance company may be working to gather evidence to minimize what they owe you. To fight back, you need to seek legal counsel to better understand your rights. Our law firm wants to help accident victims like you collect the evidence needed to pursue an effective personal injury claim and get maximum compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Lincoln, call 402-466-8444
Why You Should Contact A Personal Injury Attorney at Berry Law
- Our Lincoln based personal injury lawyers have the experience and knowledge to handle complex cases and navigate the legal system.
- They can help you understand your rights and options following a personal injury accident, and can guide you through the process of filing a claim.
- They have a team of legal professionals with extensive knowledge of the laws and regulations that apply to personal injury accidents in the Lincoln area.
- They have a proven track record of success in helping clients get the compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses.
- They can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
- They can help you understand the potential long-term impact of your injuries and can work with medical experts to help you get the treatment you need.
- They can also help you understand your legal options and can advise you on whether to pursue a lawsuit or settlement.
To learn more contact us today.
Lincoln Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 402-466-8444
Types of Personal Injury Claims in Lincoln
A Lincoln, NE, personal injury attorney from Berry Law wants to help you develop your case. Our job is to build a portfolio of your case’s crucial facts. From there, our experienced attorneys can develop an analysis that helps you hold another party liable for your losses.
We collaborate with physicians, forensic medical professionals, and rehabilitation professionals to do this work. These expert witnesses provide their assessment of your condition and can contribute their professional opinions to your initial claim. With their expertise on your side, we can ensure your damages demand is as accurate as possible.
We represent clients pursuing a wide range of personal injury lawsuits all over Nebraska, including those involving:
- Car crashes
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle collisions
- Construction accidents
- Bus crashes
- Motorcycle collisions
- Food-borne illnesses
- Dog bites
- Slip and fall accident
- Product liability
- Farm equipment and machinery accidents
- Consumer and industrial products liability claims
- Broken bones and severe soft-tissue injuries
- Burn injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Neck or back injury requiring extensive chiropractic treatment
- Prenatal injuries to pregnant women and their fetuses
If you’re not sure whether or not your accident qualifies you for a personal injury claim, you can schedule a consultation with our legal team. Our personal injury firm can work with your insurance company to better under the circumstances that lead to your accident. From there, our trial lawyers can determine what legal assistance best suits your case.
Click to contact our lawyers today
Proving an Injury Claim with a Dedicated Lawyer’s Help
The majority of personal injuries in Lincoln, Nebraska are the result of accidents. However, certain scenarios place individuals in positions where they must protect others. If a person fails to provide protection and an injury occurs, it is considered negligence.
You will not recover financial compensation for your injuries without proving that the defendant in your case was negligent. There are three steps to proving negligence in an injury case:
- You must establish that the defendant owed you a duty of care. This duty varies depending on the circumstances. For example, while motorists are responsible for operating their vehicles safely, the level of care property owners must exercise to protect visitors from foreseeable harm is not always as clear.
- After proving that a duty existed between yourself and the defendant, you must demonstrate how they breached that duty. Any reckless, careless, or intentional act could constitute a breach of care.
- The third element is causation. You must link your injuries directly to the at-fault party’s negligence to recover maximum compensation. Specifically, you must prove that you suffered compensable damages due to the defendant’s negligence. These damages can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, and lost wages.
Every legal issue is unique. However, a Lincoln personal injury lawyer at Berry Law will help you take control of your situation and take legal action to demonstrate how a defendant owed you a duty of care and how their failure to uphold that duty resulted in an injury.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What does Compensation Cover?
Every person who suffers an injury due to another party’s negligence has the legal right to file a compensation claim. This means that the negligent party should provide compensation that would put the plaintiff in the financial position they would have been in had your accident never occurred.
The goal of a claim is to cover all an injured party’s losses. In many instances, these extend beyond physical injuries to include compensation for emotional trauma and financial losses. If an incident leaves you in intense pain or a situation where you now have PTSD, a defendant may also have to provide compensation to cover that lost quality of life.
Similarly, if an injury forces you to miss time at work to seek medical care or recover from your injury, a defendant must provide reimbursement for all lost wages.
Are There Limits on Financial Compensation in an Injury Case?
While there is sometimes a limit on the financial compensation a Lincoln plaintiff can recover in their personal injury cases, there is one important exception to keep in mind.
Claimants pursuing compensation for damages related to medical malpractice face limits on their recovery depending on when their injury or illness occurred. Berry Law Firm’s experienced lawyers can advise you on how this limitation could impact your personal injury compensation.
How Much Time do I Have to File Suit?
Potential plaintiffs do not have an unlimited amount of time to file a personal injury claim. According to Nebraska Revised Statutes §25-207, you must file suit within four years of the date that your injury occurred. Failure to comply with this filing deadline could leave you unable to recover any compensation whatsoever.
This is why it is important to contact a Lincoln personal injury law firm like Berry Law Firm as soon as possible to leverage our legal experience to resolve your personal injury claim as soon as possible.
Let a Lincoln Personal Injury Attorney Help
Every time another party is responsible for an incident resulting in a personal injury, they must provide full compensation for your losses. However, collecting these payments can be complex.
Defendants may argue that they did not owe you a duty of care or that your negligence contributed to your accident. A Lincoln, Nebraska personal injury lawyer can fight back on your behalf. Call Berry Law today to discuss how our legal representation can help you.
You’re injured, not broken.
Call or text 402-466-8444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form