Omaha has seen a surge in its traffic growth, Car Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents with Serious Injuries.
With intersections that have high accident rates like 90th Street and West Dodge Road, 72nd and Dodge streets, 72nd and Pacific streets, 120th and L streets, 78th and Dodge streets, 69th and Dodge streets, 132nd Street and Industrial Road, 86th (Cass) and West Dodge Road, 72nd and Grover streets, 132nd Street and West Center Road, the city’s busiest intersection, it manages a whopping 106,000 vehicles every day. Given its traffic volume, 90th Street and West Dodge Road is the second most dangerous spot in Omaha. With so many vehicles passing through, one can’t help but wonder, many car accidents per week occur here.
Latest Traffic Analysis in Omaha metro area.
Recent traffic data from the Omaha Metropolitan Area Planning Agency (MAPA) reveals a two percent rise in the metro region’s traffic growth rate since 2014, bringing the average annual growth rate to one percent. While the growth varies across counties, Sarpy County leads with a 5 percent increase, followed by Douglas County at 2 percent.
we sometimes encounter crossroads, much like the intersections in Omaha that pose unique risks to motorists. One such crossroad, known for its notoriety in Lincoln, is the intersection of 27th Street and Cornhusker. Its intricate design, coupled with relentless traffic, contributes to an alarmingly high accident rate. Why the surge in mishaps? Distracted driving tops the charts, a reflection perhaps of the distractions we face in life, pulling us away from our goals and safety.
While wading through life’s hustle, or Omaha’s congested streets, knowledge and preparedness are your strongest allies. Knowing what to do after a car accident, especially when the fault doesn’t lie with you, can be a lifesaver.
Navigating Through Omaha’s Most Complex Intersections
The mammoth intersection of 132nd Street, L Street, Millard Avenue, and Industrial Road demands your undivided attention. Witnessing an awe-inducing 70k cars daily, it’s a whirlwind of 29 traffic lanes and a dizzying array of 19 traffic lights. It’s no shocker then that it has been dubbed the worst intersection in America by Streets Blog USA. Time magazine didn’t hold back either, shedding light on its potential pitfalls for pedestrians.
Dodge Street stands as a testament to the city’s intricacies. Its unique no-left-turn rule and an alternating express lane can flummox even the most seasoned drivers. Factor in its deteriorating condition, with missing chunks of asphalt, and you have a recipe for disaster. Fifty accidents a year give testament to its notoriety.
Another contender in this high-risk list is the intersection of 90th Street and West Dodge Road, the busiest in Omaha. Its staggering daily traffic raises pertinent questions—how many accidents occur daily? What’s the yearly toll on human lives at intersections of this magnitude?
Berry Law: Your Compass through Omaha’s Labyrinth
In the chaos of life and the labyrinth of Omaha’s streets, it’s reassuring to have a guide, a protector. Enter Berry Law. When the unpredictable strikes, whether in life or on the road, and insurance companies turn their backs, you need a champion. Berry Law doesn’t just aim for victory; they craft it. Crafted with years of experience, unwavering preparation, and an indomitable spirit.
For souls grappling with the aftermath of devastating accidents, remember, your future isn’t just a statistic. It’s a testament to resilience, determination, and justice. At such crossroads, don’t falter. Reach out. Call Berry Law.
DISCLAIMER FOR BERRY LAW CONTENT
- General Information Only: The content provided in this video/blog/website, including any associated text, images, graphics, and other material, is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.
- No Attorney-Client Relationship: Accessing, reading, or using this content does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Berry Law, nor should it be used as a substitute for personalized legal advice from a licensed attorney.
- Accuracy of Information: While we strive to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the information provided, we make no guarantees or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability of the information contained herein.
- External Links: Some links on this video/blog/website may lead to other websites. Berry Law does not necessarily endorse, sponsor, or approve of all content on such sites, and we are not responsible for the content or actions of any other sites.
- No Liability: Under no circumstances shall Berry Law, its attorneys, affiliates, or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or inability to use, this video/blog/website, including its materials, services, or third-party materials made available through this video/blog/website.
- Not a Substitute for Legal Advice: Always consult with a qualified attorney regarding any legal questions or issues you might have. Do not disregard or delay seeking legal advice because of something you read or saw in this content.