The physical, emotional, and financial toll of an accident that leaves a victim paralyzed can be enormous. Loss of muscular function and feeling in some or all of the body presents significant difficulties for victims, even in performing daily tasks.
Traumatic brain injuries or damage to the spinal cord can lead to paralysis and frequently occur during car accidents, recreational activities, or accidents at work. When you have been injured, you can fight for your rights and get the money you need to ensure your future care.
Berry Law‘s Bellevue paralysis injury attorneys are familiar with the intricacies of such claims and can pursue justice against the party responsible. We offer no-cost consultations to go over the details of your situation.
How an Accident Can Cause Paralysis
Injury to the spinal cord or the nerves surrounding it is a common cause of paralysis, as stated by the Mayo Clinic. Extreme trauma can disrupt the transmission of signals from the brain, leading to long-lasting alterations in perception, coordination, and muscle strength.
Paralysis could have resulted from any of the following injuries:
- Car crashes: When a spinal cord nerve is seriously injured in a car crash, paralysis frequently results. High-speed car accidents can cause severe injuries, including paralysis and broken vertebrae.
- Accidents involving boats: If the boat operator is careless and strikes the wake or waves at a dangerous angle or neglects to keep an eye out for other watercraft, the injuries may include paralysis.
- Accident involving slipping and falling: A slip-and-fall accident can happen when a person loses their balance. This is particularly true for falls down stairs or from great heights, such as off a roof or a ladder. If they fall onto a hard surface, they risk injuring their back or neck and may become paralyzed.
- Accidents at work: Motorized equipment and vehicles can be involved in workplace accidents in settings like factories and warehouses, offering a serious safety risk and a risk of paralysis. Even if your workplace has worker’s compensation coverage, a Bellevue paralysis injury lawyer may be able to help ensure that your losses are fully compensated.
- A sports injury: Playing any sport can result in an injury, but certain sports, such as diving, skiing, and football, carry a higher risk of head, neck, or back injuries that might cause paralysis. Sometimes improper safety measures or failed safety equipment can lead to a lawsuit, and a paralysis injury lawyer may be able to help.
For a free legal consultation with a paralysis injury lawyer serving Bellevue, call 402-466-8444
Who Can Be Held Accountable for My Paralysis?
If you were paralyzed in an accident that might have been caused by someone else’s carelessness, you should discuss it with one of our lawyers. A lawyer can review your claim to locate any and all sources of liability to ensure you have the best chance of recovering full compensation.
Paralysis is a common result of injuries experienced in vehicle accidents or from trauma sustained in falls, although there may be other factors involved. You can consult with one of our lawyers for free to determine whether you have grounds for a lawsuit.
Bellevue Paralysis Injury Lawyer Near Me 402-466-8444
Living with Paralysis: Difficulties and Obstacles
After getting hurt badly enough to become paralyzed, victims may experience the following symptoms and health problems:
- Stiff muscles
- Cardiovascular disease
- Weakness in muscles
- Dangerous blood clots
- Coordination problems
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Persistent pain
Not only does having less mobility make it hard to do daily tasks, but it can also mean that you need long-term care and therapy. In addition to the physical effects, paralysis has emotional and financial effects that victims and their families must cope with.
When the accident was someone else’s fault, you have the right to have your case looked at by a catastrophic injury attorney and to seek compensation from the person who was at fault.
Your case will be examined by a knowledgeable Bellevue spinal cord injury attorney, who can determine the viability of your claim.
What to Expect If You Hire a Paralysis Injury Lawyer in Bellevue
If you or a loved one was hurt, it’s important to find an injury lawyer who has experience with cases involving paralysis and its long-term effects.
When you hire us to represent you after a paralysis injury, you can expect the following:
- You pay nothing to learn more. Spend some time asking questions and talking directly with a caring and knowledgeable lawyer about what you can expect from your case and what your rights are.
- We conduct a thorough investigation into your claim, speaking with anybody who might be able to assist in the resolution of your claim, including hospitals, medical professionals, nurses, insurance providers, law enforcement, and attorneys. We’ll look into your paralysis accident in detail and build a case that makes it more likely that you’ll get money from more than one party.
- The emphasis is on you. As you heal from your injuries and deal with the worry and stress that often come with paralysis, we want you to keep your attention on what you need. Leave the details of your case to us, and our experienced lawyers will fight for your rights and help you get the money you are legally entitled to.
- Our payment is dependent on the outcome of your case and will only be made if we win compensation for you. Therefore, we have the incentive to see your case through to a successful conclusion: we don’t get paid unless you do.
Your paralysis attorney in Bellevue will work hard to prove liability on your behalf. We can do a thorough investigation that includes looking at police reports, medical evaluations, and any other paperwork that might help your case. Obtaining your maximum compensation is our goal.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Catastrophic Injury Law Firm That Cares
Injuries that cause paralysis dramatically alter lives. Money cannot change the fact that things will never be the same. But if you are fairly compensated for your suffering, you might be able to live the best life you can without having to worry about your financial security.
A paralysis injury attorney in Bellevue at The Berry Law Firm is prepared to assist you in securing this peace of mind. We care about your future. Contact us today.