Spinal cord injuries can result in a number of related health conditions, require expensive medical care to treat, and leave victims unable to work. If you’ve suffered a spinal cord injury due to another party’s reckless or negligent actions, you owe it to yourself to file a claim for compensation.
A catastrophic injury attorney from Berry Law can help you pursue a large enough settlement to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and non-economic damages as well. If we agree to take on your case, a Nebraska spinal cord injury lawyer from our firm will work hard to hold the guilty party liable for your injury and losses.
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries We Can Help You Get Treatment for
Spinal cord injuries are divided into different degrees of severity. At Berry Law, our catastrophic injury lawyers have helped clients after sustaining a variety of different spinal cord conditions.
We’ll use our immense legal knowledge and experience working on similar cases to get you the resources you need to manage the health outcomes and physical pain associated with any of the following types of spinal cord injuries:
Complete Spinal Cord Injury
Patients suffering from a complete spinal cord injury will be completely paralyzed and experience no sensation below the site of their injury. The site of injury can occur at any point on the spine. Loss of sensation and movement often affects both sides of the patient’s body.
If you’ve been diagnosed with a complete spinal cord injury after a car accident, slip and fall, or another type of incident, a Nebraska spinal cord injury attorney can help you. They’ll do everything they can to hold the at-fault party liable and secure the damages you need to afford medical treatment.
Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury
Patients with an incomplete spinal cord injury may experience partial sensation and movement below the site of injury. One side of the body may be affected more than the other, and the patient may experience different degrees of sensation throughout the body. Similar to complete spinal injuries, incomplete injuries can also occur at any point on the spine.
Our attorneys are closely familiar with the treatments and procedures that incomplete spinal cord injuries require. We’ll ensure you get enough compensation to pay for your hospital visits, surgeries, medications, assistive devices, and at-home care services.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal cord injury lawyer serving Nebraska, call 402-466-8444
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Investigating your incident and determining the cause will help us hold the at-fault party liable for your losses. We’ll be able to investigate and build a strong claim for almost any type of accident, including:
- Car accident
- Truck accident
- Bicycle accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Highway accident
- Construction accident
- And more
No matter what type of accident you were injured in, our attorneys will work tirelessly to find the evidence they need to pursue an insurance claim. Once they’ve constructed a solid claim on your behalf, they’ll negotiate with the at-fault party’s liability insurance provider. If negotiations go well and you agree to a settlement, you’ll receive a payment that will change your life for the better.
Nebraska Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me 402-466-8444
Compensation Our Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Nebraska Will Pursue
Our spinal cord injury attorneys in Nebraska will work with your doctor and medical experts to calculate your current and future medical expenses. They’ll also review your pay stubs and use special formulas to determine how much you’re owed for employment-related losses.
If we’re able to obtain an insurance settlement or court award on your behalf, you’ll likely receive one or more of the following damages:
- Medical expenses: If your claim is successful, you’ll most likely receive compensation to pay for hospital care, surgery, doctor’s appointments, ambulance transportation, and future care.
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses: These damages can cover the cost of physical therapy, a wheelchair, other assistive devices, medication, home care, and transportation to your treatment appointments.
- Lost wages: Attending doctor’s appointments, going for surgery, and getting much-needed rest will require you to take time off from work. These damages can make up for the wages you cannot earn during your rest and recovery time.
- Decreased earning ability: Most spinal cord injury patients are unable to return to their jobs. If that’s the case for you, these damages can compensate you for your decreased ability to work and earn a steady income.
- Pain and suffering: Spinal cord injuries can be incredibly painful and often leave patients with chronic pain for the rest of their lives. While prescription medications can relieve some pain, you deserve compensation for the suffering you’ve been forced to endure.
- Mental distress: Catastrophic accidents can leave victims with emotional trauma and mental health disorders that take years of therapy to work through. If you experienced mental distress after your accident, a spinal cord injury attorney from our office in Nebraska could add these damages to your claim.
Click to contact our lawyers today
Filing Deadline for Spinal Cord Injury Cases in Nebraska
If you’ve sustained a spinal cord injury in an incident you didn’t cause, we urge you to take swift legal action. Failing to do so could cause you to miss Nebraska’s filing deadline, leaving you to pay tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills without assistance.
According to Nebraska Revised Statutes § 25-207, you typically have four years from the day you were injured to file a lawsuit. However, shorter time limits may apply, Our spinal cord injury lawyers in Nebraska can help you meet the state deadline, but you must act fast.
If you’ve put off hiring a Nebraska spinal cord injury lawyer to help you file a catastrophic injury claim and your deadline has passed, you should still contact our firm. While it may be difficult to get you the damages you deserve, we’ll do our best to explore alternative routes to compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to Our Firm to Schedule a Consultation
Living with a spinal cord injury can be incredibly stressful, painful, and expensive, but the team at Berry Law is here to help make your life easier. We’ll negotiate with insurers and, if necessary, represent you in court to obtain the compensation you need to give yourself a more financially stable and healthy life.
To see if you have a legitimate compensation claim, contact us today. We’ll schedule a consultation with a Nebraska spinal cord injury lawyer from our team. If they agree to help you, they’ll do everything they can to hold the at-fault party liable for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering.
Call or text 402-466-8444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form