Interstate 680 is known to be one of the busiest highways in Nebraska and Iowa. It connects both states, passing through residential neighborhoods, crossing the Missouri River, and ending west of Crescent. With various types of drivers on the road, the probability of an accident occurring is high. If you’ve been in a motorcycle wreck on I-680, Berry Law can help.
Our founding attorney has served as president of the Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association and is a fellow of the American Board of Criminal Lawyers. His commitment to justice is shared by our I-680 motorcycle accident attorneys, who fight hard to collect fair compensation for victims or families like yours.
If you need an Omaha personal injury lawyer after being in a motorcycle wreck on I-680, take advantage of our complimentary case evaluation, where we can discuss the strength of your claim, what legal options are available to you as a motorcycle crash victim, and more.
Common Causes and Injuries of Interstate Motorcycle Accidents
Our law firm represents all kinds of auto crash cases, each with distinct details that separate them either by causation, injuries sustained, or settlement value amount. As devastating as a motorcycle accident can be, it’s important for you to know that you are not alone and that our firm has extensive experience with motorcycle wrecks.
Motorcycle Interstate Accident Causes
Rainy weather, the month of August, and unlicensed drivers are all common culprits in motorcycle crashes, as reported by Forbes. These types of accidents account for more than 13% of traffic-related fatalities, and the following are common causes that our lawyers have deemed the top reasons why interstate motorcycle crashes occur:
- Distracted driving: Motorcyclists may not be seen until it is too late by distracted drivers whose attention is diverted by their phones, GPS, or other devices.
- Lane changes: When making a lane change, some drivers fail to look in their blind zones, which might result in an accident with a motorcycle.
- Speeding: Drivers who drive faster than the posted speed limit on highways may not have enough time to respond to unforeseen circumstances, which can result in accidents.
- Impaired driving: Driving while intoxicated or drugged may result in shorter reaction times, poorer judgment, and a lack of coordination, which increases the risk of an accident.
- Road hazards: Motorcycles are particularly vulnerable to potholes, debris, and other road hazards, which can lead to their crashing.
Injuries Sustained from Interstate Motorcycle Wrecks
Information from the National Safety Council reveals that helmets are about 37% effective in preventing fatal crashes for motorcyclists and about 41% effective for motorcycle passengers. Being protected from injury on a motorcycle is hard because there is no outer layer of protection upon impact, resulting in the following common injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Even when wearing a helmet, motorcyclists are still at risk of traumatic brain injuries, which can result in permanent impairments or even death.
- Spinal cord injuries: Paralysis, loss of sensation, and other lifelong problems are possible outcomes of spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones and fractures: Bone breaks are easily caused by the power of impact in a motorcycle accident, which may necessitate surgery and extended periods of recovery.
- Road rash: When a motorcyclist gets knocked off their bike, they may slide along the pavement, resulting in serious road rash injuries that need medical attention.
- Emotional anguish: Traumatic experiences from motorcycle accidents can cause emotional trauma, which can result in anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues.
Critical Legal Tips to Follow After Experiencing a Motorcycle Accident on I-680
There are some important legal guidelines that you should adhere to if you find yourself in a motorcycle wreck on I-680. Even if you feel fine, the first and most crucial step is to get medical help. After that, dial 911 to report the collision and request a copy of the police report.
Additionally, it’s essential to acquire proof by snapping pictures and obtaining the names and contact information of any witnesses as well as the other involved driver. Avoid admitting fault, and without seeking the advice of a knowledgeable I-680 motorcycle accident attorney, do not sign anything or accept any settlement offers from insurance companies.
You can safeguard your legal rights and improve your prospects of getting a fair settlement for your losses and damages by following the aforementioned steps and contacting a motorcycle injury lawyer immediately after you’ve received treatment.
Finding Affordable Legal Help Following a Motorcycle Wreck
After experiencing the traumatic event of a motorcycle crash while traveling on Interstate 680, you may find yourself looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer to help you sort out your legal options. The daunting tasks of interviewing witnesses, preserving evidence, managing paperwork and receipts, and speaking to the insurers can all be handled at an affordable price.
We don’t believe that legal representation should put you into further financial trouble. Our personal injury law firm bills on a contingency fee basis, allowing victims to pay for legal services only if we win their case. Don’t let your concerns about how much a motorcycle accident lawyer costs keep you from getting the legal help that you need to negotiate a higher settlement.
Berry Law’s Team Provides You With Multiple Attorney Perspectives
Contact Our Accident Lawyers About Your I-680 Motorcycle Wreck Before it’s Too Late
Contact one of the I-680 motorcycle collision attorneys at Berry Law before the statute of limitations expires and prevents you from collecting your deserved damages. Immediately following your initial consultation, we will assemble information to create a compelling personal injury case and collaborate with experts to find additional settlement factors for you.
Don’t put off speaking with a lawyer about your I-680 motorcycle accident until it is too late. It could be more difficult to gather the proof you need to support your claim the longer you wait. For a free consultation and more information about your legal options, contact our accident attorneys immediately.