Following a freight truck accident, we recognize that you can feel overburdened and uncertain and need support at this trying time. Please know that you have the steadfast support and knowledgeable legal assistance you need from our team of reputable freight truck accident attorneys in Omaha, NE.
Our team at Berry Law has direct experience with the devastation that accidents involving freight trucks can cause victims and their families. We are committed to assisting you in navigating the complexity of the legal process with care and professionalism because we realize the physical, emotional, and financial toll that such tragedies may cause.
Our goal is to preserve your rights and make sure that your voice is heard, and pursue justice on your behalf. We will pay close attention to your narrative and take time to comprehend the entire scope of your wounds and how they have affected your life. We offer a free case evaluation when you are ready.
Qualifying Factors for Filing a Freight Truck Accident Claim
It’s crucial to comprehend the requirements for making a claim if you find yourself in an unfortunate accident involving a freight vehicle. Our team of sympathetic and experienced truck accident lawyers in Omaha is here to help you navigate the legal system and stand up for your rights.
Someone else’s negligence must have caused the accident for a valid claim. This may include a number of things, including careless driving, faulty truck components, or poor loading techniques. You may have a strong case if any of these factors played a role in the accident.
Damages and Losses
Your injuries must also be severe enough to require medical attention and result in financial losses. These losses could include money lost as a result of being unable to work, pain and suffering on a physical and emotional level, property damage, and other monetary losses. Obtaining compensation from the at-fault party might be difficult if there is insufficient proof of injuries.
You can learn important information about the merits of your claim and receive zealous legal counsel in court by speaking with an accomplished Omaha freight truck accident attorney. Our objective is to make certain that you are fairly compensated for the damages you have endured.
How to File a Freight Truck Accident Claim
It can be difficult to file a freight truck accident claim in Omaha. You’ll need to present proof that the accident was not your fault and that the other individual was irresponsible or careless in some way. It’s crucial to speak with a qualified 18-wheeler truck wreck lawyer with experience in Omaha so that you are aware of the best way to defend your rights.
The following are key components to filing a successful freight truck accident claim:
- Get immediate medical treatment: Your well-being is a top priority. Visit a doctor as soon as possible to ensure your health is stable and your injuries are thoroughly documented. The doctor’s reports will be used as expert evidence during your claim.
- Collect evidence if possible: Ideally, photos of the freight wreck, the parties involved, the injuries, and any additional footage of what may have caused the collision are strongly encouraged. However, after being involved in a freight crash, your risk of severe injury is higher. It is best to have an attorney collect evidence, such as black box information.
- Avoid speaking with the insurance company post-wreck: It may seem standard to speak with insurers after a freight truck crash, but it is in your best interest to allow a personal injury attorney to speak on your behalf. After evaluating your circumstances, they will file your claim and push the insurance company to pay you fairly.
What Role do Black Boxes Play in a Freight Truck Crash?
Black boxes uncover the truth about the details of a freight truck crash. It can take a few hours to retrieve the information recorded in this electronic device, and if the crash damages it, specialists can still recover the data in some cases. Our Omaha freight wreck lawyers can file a lawsuit to access the following information from the black box:
- The freight truck’s speed
- If the freight driver used their seatbelt
- If the freight truck was in cruise control
- Application of brakes
- Steering assessment
- The truck’s roll-over angles
- If the airbag deploys
- Application of a clutch
- Mechanical state of the truck
- Precise crash location coordinates
It is essential to comprehend the information in the black box against the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) trucking regulations to determine the cause of a freight truck accident. Our personal injury lawyers are well-versed in trucking law and can determine whether the freight driver acted within the bounds of the law or if the truck’s mechanical problems played a role in the crash.
Berry Law’s Team Provides You With Multiple Attorney Perspectives
Know How Much a Freight Truck Accident Is Worth in Omaha
Our skilled freight truck accident lawyers in Omaha, NE, are committed to providing highly individualized legal services and are aware of the special challenges these cases provide. We will intently learn all the details of your case, look into all possible parties and their negligence, and file your claim before Nebraska’s personal injury claim deadline expires.
The legal offices of Berry Law are committed to assisting you in obtaining the highest compensation for whatever damages you have endured. Contact a member of our team today to schedule a free consultation session.