Unfortunately, roughly 1 in 107 Americans pass away from car wrecks. Lawmakers continue to enact stronger regulations against careless, exhausted, and distracted driving due to this alarmingly high statistic, but families like you deserve more than laws, you deserve justice and relentless support. Berry Law is a personal injury firm dedicated to helping people like you.
Our team of fatal car accident attorneys serves Council Bluffs and the surrounding areas with a sense of duty to our Iowa neighbors. During this tragic time, having a team of skilled lawyers can help you move forward with security and confidence. Our founding attorney was born and raised in Iowa so seeking justice for the Iowa community fuels our persistent advocacy.
Our legal office provides a free consultation whenever you are ready to speak about the fatal Council Bluffs car crash with a wrongful death attorney.
Estimating the Value of a Fatal Car Crash Settlement
There is no dollar amount that will stop the immense pain and hardship that you and your family may be facing as a result of a tragic car wreck. When it comes to evaluating the damages owed after a fatal wreck, we approach this portion with precision and empathy.
There is a process for any accident that has caused major loss in which various factors such as loss of income and emotional distress are evaluated. To put it lightly, a wrongful death settlement consists of two parts: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages consist of:
- Your deceased loved one’s income
- Their potential future earnings
- Medical and funeral costs
- Financial contributions they would have made such as investments, insurance, etc.
Non-economic damages consist of:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium & companionship
- Loss of services, if they were the primary caregiver in the home
- Loss of parental guidance or support
- Mental anguish
These factors won’t be evaluated based on the typical fatal automobile accident settlement amount; instead, they will be weighed in accordance with the specifics of your case. Our accident lawyers for fatal Council Bluffs car crashes may even hire a specialist to thoroughly estimate the worth of your wrongful death case.
What to Beware of for Your Council Bluffs Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Even after a tragedy like a fatal car wreck, some people or entities will use your grief as an opportunity to further their own agenda.
While not exhaustive, here are a few things to keep in mind:
The True Value of Your Claim
Insurance companies often treat all incidents the same, starting with a low offer and posing inquiries that will undermine your claim. Seeking legal representation will help you avoid being lowballed and prevent you from sharing details that may jeopardize your case.
Retaining a Wrongful Death Attorney Can Be Affordable
Burial costs and medical bills may create a financial hardship that makes the thought of hiring an attorney stressful. Despite what you hear about the price of a fatal car wreck lawyer, fatal crashes are billed like personal injury cases, where there is no money paid up front and the lawyer’s fee is based on contingency. This gives anyone needing legal counsel the chance to hire affordable counsel.
You Can Miss the Window to File for Wrongful Death
The only thing that has the greatest ability to bend time is grief. Both the sense that everything is occurring too quickly and outside of your control and the sense that this awful moment is caught in a loop may be experienced simultaneously. Unfortunately, Iowa’s statute of limitations sets a deadline for filing. If you miss the deadline, you may forfeit your right to collect compensation.
There are many moving parts to a wrongful death claim that need to be explained, such as who is eligible to collect a settlement, the difference between a wrongful death claim and a survival action, and more. To be fully informed, it is best to seek the guidance of a qualified wrongful death attorney handling Council Bluffs cases.
Advantages of Having a Fatal Auto Accident Attorney
Our fatal accident attorneys managing Council Bluffs’ deadly car wrecks have extensive knowledge of Iowa personal injury law and wrongful death cases. We understand that you are dealing with enough decision-making in the aftermath of a fatal accident. Our job is to simplify this process for you, which is shown in the following ways:
- Protecting the investigative process: A thorough investigation is conducted when a fatal car accident occurs. While evidence is gathered to determine the root cause of the crash, information may be left undisclosed. Our fatal auto collision attorneys comb over the details of evidence collection meticulously to ensure that no evidence is left behind or uncovered.
- Preparing for potential legal defenses: Legal defenses asserted by the insurance companies will try to invalidate your claim, argue contributory negligence, or reveal pre-existing conditions. With the assistance of a tactical litigating attorney, your case will have a strategy that protects your rights to compensation.
- Fighting to maximize your claim: Policy limits, the statute of limitations, negligence, and other factors can affect the amount of your compensation. Our lawyers hire experts to locate additional sources of settlement funds so that you walk away with the highest possible payout.
- Providing comprehensive support: Our approach is care, concern, and tenacity. We have testimonials that speak to our team’s professionalism and attentiveness.
Establishing negligence, ruling out potential at-fault parties, and negotiating your settlement all fall into the hands of a successful car accident wrongful death lawyer near Council Bluffs, IA. If you wish to focus on your healing and family, we can take on the legwork of managing your claim.
Berry Law’s Team Provides You With Multiple Attorney Perspectives
Trust the Legal Professionals Serving Council Bluffs During a Free Consultation
Choosing a lawyer that is right for you is also a process. Berry Law has been a trusted law firm across Iowa for decades and continues to strive for excellence in Council Bluffs and other areas. While you are beginning to pick up the pieces of your life after such a loss, allow the fatal auto collision attorneys serving Council Bluffs to prepare you and work to recoup compensation.
Our offices provide a complimentary case review session when you feel ready to discuss the details of your case. Contact us today!