Before filing a lawsuit, you’re going to want to have your evidence ready to go. This means getting photographs of the damage, getting medical opinions, and collecting evidence.

You may or may not have an opinion from a physician about the nature of your injuries, but you don’t necessarily have to have that at the time of filing the lawsuit. You might need to get a doctor’s opinion eventually, but you should have a good idea of what happened, when it happened, where it happened, and how it happened before you file a civil claim.

It’s also important to get photographs of your injuries as they progress. For example, if your car crash was two days ago and your right arm is completely bruised, get photographs of that and take more pictures every couple of days. Taking a photograph or two every couple of days helps document to the jury the progression of the healing process and the extent of your injuries.

Getting the Evidence Ready for Trial

Next, you must get your witnesses lined up so your supporting material can be admitted into evidence in front of the jury. If you have photographs that you want to introduce to the jury, you might need the person who took the pictures to testify in court.

You may need workers from a hospital to show up and testify that the records you’re trying to introduce are actually from the hospital. You might also need to have a billing person from a hospital appear in court to testify about the reasonable cost of care.

If you have X-rays or other photographs of injuries that you want to introduce in court, you may need the physician there to offer more insight. Berry Law’s team of attorneys can assist with blowing up photographs and getting PowerPoints ready to ensure the evidence is presented in the best way possible.

Choosing the Right Court to File a Car Accident Claim in Omaha

If your car crash happened in Douglas County, your claim can be filed in Douglas County District Court. If the defendant resides in Douglas County, there’s a good chance the suit can be taken to trial in Douglas County.

If the company that employs the driver who crashed into you is in Douglas County, then you can potentially sue in Douglas County as long as the employee was engaged in their scope of work when the crash happened. However, if an employee of Paypal, for example, is on vacation and causes a car crash in another state, then you could not sue Paypal.

If your auto accident happened in Omaha, there’s a very good chance you can file a civil lawsuit in Omaha. One of our hardworking attorneys can help you work out these important details in preparation for your civil trial. Let Berry Law help you complete the steps needed before filing a car accident case in Omaha. Call today for a free consultation.

to speak to a member of our team today.
Contact Us Today!
Berry Law Firm

    Filing a Car Accident Case in Omaha
    Berry Law Berry Law Firm N/A 402-215-0979
    • Omaha Office
      1414 Harney St Suite 400 Omaha
      NE 68102