Accidents in Council Bluffs, Iowa can happen at any time, and most of these incidents do not result in severe damages. However, accidents that stem from negligence often result in devastating injuries. If you or someone you loved suffered injuries due to another person’s negligence, you might face intense physical and emotional pain, expensive medical bills, and lost income.
In these situations, you can benefit from consulting a Council Bluffs personal injury lawyer. The dedicated trial attorneys at Berry Law can help you seek appropriate compensation for your injuries.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Personal injury law enables you to seek compensation after another person or entity’s wrongdoing causes you harm. Several situations could lead to a personal injury claim. Some of the most common types of cases we handle in Council Bluffs include:
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Slip and fall cases
- Defective product incidents
- Workplace accidents
- Animal attacks
A skilled personal injury lawyer in the Council Bluffs area could help you
secure maximum compensation no matter the type of accident you were in. A successful case could help you recover from the physical and emotional pain the accident caused you and your family.
For a free legal consultation with a counsil bluffs lawyer serving Iowa, call 402-466-8444
Understanding the Role of Negligence in Accident Cases
In most personal injury cases in Iowa, your recovery is based on the principle of negligence. Generally, a person is negligent if they owed you a duty of care, failed to meet that duty, and directly harmed you.
For example, if a business owner invites customers into their shop, they owe them a duty of care. Consequently, if the owner knows the shop floor is wet and does nothing to correct it, he or she may be liable for injuries you suffer from falling on the slippery floor. A seasoned attorney can help you identify the at-fault party in your accident case and prove negligence.
Iowa Counsil Bluffs Lawyer Near Me 402-466-8444
What Type of Compensation Can You Recover in an Injury Claim?
Accidents often cause more than immediate physical injury. As such, it is crucial to work with a lawyer to calculate your losses and pursue adequate compensation. You may seek restitution for damages such as:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Physical therapy and long-term care expenses
- Cost of assistive devices and home modifications
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Permanent partial or total disability
In Iowa your spouse may also have a claim for damage to your marital relationship, known as loss of consortium. Loss of consortium includes not only harm to your physical relationship but also to your capacity to love and care for your partner. An experienced attorney could evaluate your personal injury case and advise you on what compensation you may be entitled to recover.
Potential Personal Injury Claims | Common Accidents including Semi-Trucks in Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Vehicle crashes including auto, mass transit, and truck accidents
- The most common types of car accidents in Iowa are: Broadside collisions, also known as T-bone collisions, where one car hits another car along the doors. T-bone collisions can lead to fractured bones, organ damage and body crush injuries. Head-on collisions, where your car crashes into another moving or stationary object
- Any type of motor vehicle collision is extremely dangerous in Iowa, but a trucking, semi-truck, 18 wheeler, accidents can result in significantly greater property damage and injuries. Whether another motorist failed to give enough room for your truck or the trucker was driving while fatigued, the irresponsible party should be held guilty in a court of law. The Berry Law team has extensive expertise handling personal injury lawsuits involving trucking accidents. Set up your introductory consultation with our team today!
Consult a Council Bluffs Personal Injury Attorney Today
Sustaining an injury in an accident can be incredibly frustrating. You may feel like you have no control over the situation. Fortunately, state law allows you to take legal action demand compensation from the party responsible for your injuries.
The Council Bluffs personal injury lawyers at Berry Law are here to help you take back control after an accident. Contact us today to set up your free initial consultation and begin the journey to securing compensation.