• 12 career NOT GUILTY Criminal JURY Trial Verdicts
• 5 career NOT GUILTY Criminal Bench Trial Verdicts
• 16 career Felony Criminal Dismissals
(See full details with links to results, below)
Aggressive Sex Crimes, Title IX & Serious Felony Defense Attorney
Mallory N. Hughes is a criminal trial attorney, who vigorously defends her clients against serious criminal charges, with an emphasis on defending against criminal allegations of sexual assault, domestic assault, homicides and other serious felonies. Mallory’s most recent success was a Not Guilty verdict on May 19, 2023, following a felony jury trial as to a false allegation of rape at a college party. In 2022 alone, Mallory achieved 3 Not Guilty Trial verdicts: Not Guilty in a 1st-Degree Murder trial, and Not Guilty in two, separate Felony Sex Assault trials. Also in 2022, alone, Mallory achieved an additional 3 case dismissals in serious Felony Sex Assault cases. Over the course of her 11-year career, Mallory has achieved 17 Not Guilty Verdicts and 16 Felony Criminal Dismissals. Mallory also has extensive experience defending Title IX cases at colleges and universities. As a former Division 1 athlete and competitive downhill ski racer, Mallory displays relentless effort and the ability to keep going when others give up—Her competitive nature developed during her athletic career has carried over into her zealous defense of her clients. Mallory is passionate, aggressive, and leaves no stone unturned when it comes to the defense of each of her clients. See Mallory’s “Representative Cases” for a full, documented accounting of her career wins.
- November 10, 2022: 90-minute national presentation at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers’ Sex Crimes Conference in Las Vegas, NV, on utilizing expert witnesses to defend sex assault cases.
- May 17, 2022: Gave 90-minute presentation on testimony issues to group of sex assault nurse examiners, Omaha, NE.
- February, 2022: Gave 1-hour presentation on cross-examination of forensic interviewers and psychologists in child sex assault cases to Nebraska and Iowa defense attorneys.
- November 9, 2020: Gave 3-hour national webinar presentation for Case Analysis Trial Strategy Group on Sex Assault Case Strategy.
- October 1, 2020: Gave 1-hour national webinar presentation for National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers regarding Drug Pipeline Cases.
- September 30, 2020: Gave 1-hour presentation of Broad Overview of Criminal Defense for Young Lawyers Section of Survey of the Law Seminar, Nebraska
- May 22, 2020: Gave 1-hour presentation for Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association on Defending Sexual Assault Cases
- January 22, 2020: Gave 1-hour presentation at National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) Advanced Criminal Law Conference on Utilizing Expert Witnesses to Defend Sex Assault Cases
- September 26, 2019: Gave 1-hour presentation at Federal CJA Panel Palooza on Drug Interdiction Cases
- September 21, 2019: Gave 1-hour presentation at National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) Conference on Drug Pipeline Cases
- August 8, 2019: Gave 1-hour presentation on Client Intake at Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association Criminal Law Bootcamp
- August 2, 2018: Gave 1-hour presentation on Pretrial Motions at Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association Criminal Law Bootcamp
- March 9, 2018: Gave 1-hour presentation on Use of Expert Witnesses in Defense of Sexual Assault Cases
- January 17, 2018: Gave 1-hour presentation to Omaha Legal Professionals Association on Organizing Client Files
“Strive for excellence and you will achieve success. It doesn’t work the other way around.”Mallory N. Hughes
"Mallory Hughes very honest about everything and... did a wonderful job and won my son's case for first-degree murder charge. I thank [you] so much for your hard work"
"From day one, Mallory made me and my mom feel safe and that she was for us and we were going to get through this case. She never doubted me or anything. She helped me get my life back and for that I’m forever grateful for Mallory. I love her to death....best lawyer in the world."
- 2023 Client Champion Platinum
- 2023 Martindale-Hubbell 5.0 Peer Rating
- 2018 – 2023 SuperLawyers.com Great Plains Rising Start List
- 2017-2020 National Trial Lawyers Criminal Defense Top 40 Under 40
- 2018-2020 “10 Best Attorneys- Nebraska” -American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Vice President of Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
- Fellow of American Board of Criminal Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association- Executive Board Member
- Omaha Bar Association
- 2019 – 2022 SuperLawyers.com Great Plains Rising Stars List
Areas of Practice
- Sex Assault Defense
- Homicide and other Major Felony Defense
- Domestic Violence Defense
- Strangulation Defense
- Title IX Investigations and Defense
- Governor’s Pardons
- Colorado State Court since 2010
- Nebraska State Court since 2011
- Nebraska Federal Court since 2011